Carbon Link is searching for a talented and driven Project Development Officer to join our Carbon Farming Project team.
Carbon Link is a rapidly growing Carbon Farming project developer with a major focus on soil carbon and agriculture. Our vision is to link landholders and environmental markets with the knowledge and capacity to regenerate landscapes by improving their soils. To do this, we are pioneering methods and technology to remove barriers for landholders and working with partner organisations to help businesses transition to regenerative farming.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for to join our project development team, building a large portfolio of Carbon Farming projects across Australia.
We are looking for a “people person” to work directly with Primary Producers to develop successful carbon farming projects under the Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF).
To be successful in this role you will need to understand how farm businesses operate, and how carbon farming activities can be practically applied in a business.
You must be a self-starter, highly motivated and committed to our long-term mission to sequester carbon across agricultural landscapes.
Opportunities in this market are continually evolving so you will need to be quick to learn, adaptable and able to manage competing priorities.
You will be supported by a diverse and geographically distributed team. So, you will need to be an inclusive, respectful and a supportive team-player with exceptional communication skills.
This is a full-time Work From Home role based in Southern NSW or Victoria, and will require travel to remote project sites throughout Australia from time to time.
- Working with producers to develop and write project plans, including assessing the practical, technical, and commercial feasibility of a carbon farming project
- Providing advice to producers on the requirements of ERF project methodologies
- Representing Carbon Link at workshops, conferences, and events
- Building and maintaining relationships with project stakeholders
- Upholding our commitment to the Carbon Market Institute code of conduct
- Contribute to the development of business systems and workflows
- Correctly storing and maintaining project records and data
- Assisting with project compliance and administration
Essential Skills and Experience
- Training in Environment, Science, Agriculture, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Working knowledge of agronomy, grazing, or cropping enterprises
- Client relationship management experience
- Exceptional communication skills (written, in person and online)
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines in a high-volume environment
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Experience working with regulatory processes and documentation
- Tech savvy, proficient with MS Office suite and online communication apps
- A passion for regenerative agriculture and carbon emission reduction
- A manual driver’s licence and experience on rural roads
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge of ERF carbon offset methodologies
- Basic GIS software experience (ArcGIS or QGIS)
- Join a growing company on a mission to improve our climate and food security
- A dynamic role with real growth potential
- A role that allows flexibility and work-life balance
Please apply through SEEK – Project Development Officer Job in Albury Area – SEEK